Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Blatherskite, continued

Linnea has a summer school class that started this week. Because her school is in New York State, the 9:00 AM start time is 8:00 AM here in Minnesota. Monday through Thursday, for six weeks. Linnea is not thrilled, mostly because she has decided, sensibly, that she needs to go to bed a bit earlier. As she shares a room with Caroline, who goes to bed later, we were able to get a full report of a recent conversation.

Linnea: "I got you something."

Caroline: "Oh, really? What did you get me?"

Linnea (exasperated): "I'm talking to Mom."

Caroline: "Oh. What did you get Mom?"

Linnea: "Ummmmmm . . . a flower."

Caroline: "Is it a pretty flower?"

Linnea: "Yesssss . . ."

Caroline: "What color is the flower? Is it purple?"

Linnea: "Ummmmm . . . I don't know?"

Caroline: "You don't know?"

Linnea (now wide awake): "Why are you talking to me?"

Blatherskite.



No comments:

Post a Comment