Monday, May 18, 2020

Calendar Trivia

Tim -- "Here is the next trivia question to ponder -- What is a blatherskite?"

Mom -- "Hmm . . . that ite ending suggests something geological to me"

Sabine -- "That's what I was thinking, rocks in caves, or something. Maybe a mold or growth."

Caroline -- "No, no no, here's what it is . . . some kind of disease where you talk too much. Like Linnea has!"

Linnea -- "Hey! How is it always pick on Linnea day?"

Dad -- "I was looking at blather, too, and thinking it might be talking too much."

Linnea -- "Thanks, Dad."

Dad -- "I didn't say anything about you!"

Linnea -- "Uh huh."

Mom -- "Well, what about looking at blather and kite? A giant mouth shaped kite that looks like it is talking when it is flying?"

Everyone -- "No. Definitely not that."

Mom -- "Well, I'm usually wrong, I'm just trying to be creative. I'm sticking with geology."

Sabine -- "Me, too."

Tim -- "It's probably something gross, like a weird wart."

24 hours later . . .

Sabine -- "Any more guesses for blatherskite? No? Okay, here is the answer . . . huh. Look at that."

Mom -- "Well? What is it?"

Sabine -- "Blatherskite: A person who talks too much, often without making sense."

Caroline (with fist pump) -- "YES!! I was totally right!!"

Mom -- "No, you said it was a disease."

Caroline -- "Whatever. I totally said it was Linnea."

Linnea -- "I hate you all."

Mom -- "Really?"

Linnea -- "Wellllllll . . . no . . . I do talk a lot . . . but I usually make sense!!"

Caroline -- "Not in your sleep . . ."

1 comment: