Thursday, August 14, 2014

Siblings are not helpful

Fall sports practice started on Monday, so my running teens are even more hungry than usual, and also more picky about what they are eating. Over the past few days, the refrain, "there is nothing to eat in this kitchen!" has been heard over and over again.

This morning, Sabine needs to go to the store to pick up a few things for dinner.

Sabine: "Tim, I have to go to the store, and I will buy you a snack. What do you want?"
Tim: "I don't care."
Sabine: "How about a donut?"
Tim: "I can't eat a donut on a race day!"
Sabine: "Well then, what do you want?"
Tim: "I don't care."

Sabine: "Caroline, I am going to the store, what snack do you want?"
Caroline: "I always like chips."
Sabine: "Okay."
Caroline: "But if no one else wants them, I don't need them, either."
Sabine: "So, what do you want?"
Caroline: "I don't care."

Sabine: "Mommmmm!! I am asking what they want for a snack, and they won't tell me!!"
Mom: "That is not helpful."
Sabine: "I know! So I am not buying anything!!"

That is not helpful, either, but I can't say I blame her.

No comments:

Post a Comment