Wednesday, June 18, 2014

The Ground Rules

Leaving off the first and last weeks of summer vacation, and a family trip to the beach, there are eight useful weeks for my summer experiment. Conveniently, I have four children, so that means two weeks each for taking turns with my grand grocery experiment.  One week for disaster, and the second week for success!

Here are the rules:

1) The week is Monday through Sunday, and includes all dinner planning, all grocery shopping, and making sure there are appropriate food choices for breakfast, lunch and snacks.

2) The budget is $250 cash, provided to the responsible teen on Monday morning.

3) Siblings and parents can be asked to prepare various food items. From past experience, asking does not necessarily mean things will get made, but go ahead and try!

4) Transportation to the store will be provided, except for Tim, but the driver does not have to go in.

5) Baking supplies get ordered in bulk, and will be resupplied as needed without using the $250 budget if advance notice is given. If you want chocolate chip cookies RIGHT NOW but we are out of chocolate chips, go buy your own!

6) The weekly rotation is oldest to youngest, and then repeats.

7) Try not to be selfish. (I had to add this one, three days in and I am already hearing "Tim only buys stuff HE likes!")

3 comments:

  1. Thankful you did this so I can Google it again in 10 yrs when my triplets are Tweens (ouch) and I am an old lady !! Jen Comerci

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Jen -- I'm not planning to get old, so you won't be, either!

      Delete
  2. This is going to be awesome. Start adding your other Tim convo's too!

    ReplyDelete