Wednesday, June 25, 2014

What is it about Tuesdays?

Last week, Tim got to Tuesday afternoon, day two of his week, and started telling me how this was too hard and he didn't want to do it. This week, Caroline got to Tuesday afternoon and she actually did quit! Threw the money at me, yelled, "I QUIT!!" and stormed up to her room, with a door slam for good measure.

What is it about Tuesdays?

Now, I know you would love to read all the details about Caroline's meltdown, and I really wish I could tell you. But I can't. I promised. One of the tearful moments involved her saying, "and now you are going to blog about me!" And I said I wouldn't do that. Those of you who were teenage girls, have teenage daughters or have ever met any teenagers at all can let your imagination run wild. I'm sure whatever you come up with will be right on the money!

I can, however, talk about Tuesdays.

In fairness to Tuesday, it might be the fact that it is the second day of the budget week here. If we started on Sunday, maybe Monday would be the problem. I have to say, though, that I hate Tuesday as much as Tim and Caroline seem to, and if I am going to punt on cooking, that will be the day. I think they both felt like the five days stretching ahead of Tuesday were interminable, and feeding us for the whole rest of the week really was too much for them. I will be interested to see if the pattern continues next week with Linnea.

Not to worry, I'm not falling for the sad faces, the money tossing or the door slamming! The cash has returned to Caroline's wallet, and she is still on for this week. I can't figure out why, but she has chosen to put off her next trip to the store until tomorrow -- maybe she just needs to get a little farther through the week before spending again. Her budget, her rules.

By the way, she opened up the bag of chips today! I haven't checked, but I am sure they are probably almost gone . . .

2 comments:

  1. Anneke, I'm really enjoying this! You're a very talented writer with a great Mom-voice in your writing. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Karen! Glad you like it!

    ReplyDelete