Monday, June 30, 2014

13 hours in, already panicking!

At her grocery store visit this afternoon, Linnea spent $206. Her chauffeur, Tim, reported back that she started panicking over money somewhere in the gluten free cereal aisle. She actually has $52 left, as I reimbursed her for a couple of baking items, and Tim had paid for his own donuts. Since arriving home, she has bounced around the kitchen, alternating between using her Sharpie on the chips and pretzels, and saying, "I'm a failure, I'm never going to make it, I bought too much, there is nothing to eat."

I believe I also heard her say, "Do NOT ask me what is for dinner!!"

She has made good use of our chest freezer, putting several things away for later in the week (also labeled), and is planning to cut up fruit so it is ready for people to eat. "Mom, I think people are just too lazy to bother with fixing the fruit." No kidding.

In between labeling, making some lunch and putting groceries away, I think she wore herself out. She was heard to say, "I need a break!" several times, and has now put herself to bed.

I hope she wakes up in time to make the dinner . . .

1 comment:

  1. This is great stuff, Anneke. Each child clearly has their own personality and style. The point is not for this week, or the second week, to be perfect, after all. It's to help them leave home ready to deal with a reality of life.

    ReplyDelete