Saturday, July 26, 2014

Dear Blog, with love from Caroline

Dear Blog,

                So Mom told me to write about this process and what I learned. I don’t really know what to write about.

                The process is fine except for the part where people eat the food I buy and then want me to buy more. And the part where I have to actually cook. I learned that I don’t much like cooking. We come to a dilemma when one considers how much I like eating. The actual budgeting and lists and stores and stuff were fine. That was easy. But I just don’t like making food into something  we can eat.

               Another piece that made me more empathetic toward Mom was how ungrateful people are. They don’t appreciate that I made an effort to purchase and prepare the food. And they’ve all done this, too, so I thought maybe they’d be a little more appreciative this time around. It didn’t make me want to continue making the effort. I will certainly be more grateful now that I know how hard it is. From now on, I resolve to avoid the kitchen at all costs unless I’m baking brownies for my teammates.

                                               Thanks for listening to my rant!


                                                                Caroline, survivor of the Crazy Grocery Thing

No comments:

Post a Comment